Are you on your feet all day? Do you not have a chance to sit much during the workday? Does your foot pain gradually get worse after just a few hours? Here is a list of the top 5 ways to help manage foot pain while meeting the demands of your daily schedule. Take the necessary steps to gain the advantage against daily foot pain and soreness.
1. Only wear quality roomy shoes with a wide toe box. Purchasing well-made, breathable footwear with proper heel and arch supports are crucial to standing for long periods. In the meantime, adding similar quality shoe pads, inserts, and insoles from Pedifix.com can help upgrade your footwear and support your feet properly.
2. Treat blisters, corns, and calluses immediately. Repeated friction against the foot will inevitably form a blister, callus or corn on the skin. Blisters are a buildup under the outer layer of skin that separates and fills with fluid. They can be red, itchy, or painful, especially when they burst to expose the raw, sensitive skin beneath. Corns and calluses develop from the buildup of hardened, dead skin caused by repeated friction, pressure, or other irritation. Remember to wear properly-fitting hosiery and shoes, making sure to avoid ones that are too tight or too loose and be sure to keep feet cool and dry. Pedifix.com has several options that can relieve blister, corns, calluses, and every other condition mentioned in this article.
3. Stretch your foot muscles and increase range of motion. Take a few minutes to remove your shoes and try a few of these stretches out. Roll a cold-water bottle or tennis ball under your feet. Push up from the toes, raising your heels a few times. Flex and massage your feet through your socks and rest them for a few minutes before putting those shoes back on.
4. Warm water soak. A therapeutic foot soak can help relieve muscles and soothe sore, tired feet. It gives your feet a chance of offloading bones and muscles from the pressures of the day. And a PediFix foot soak enriched with essential oils and salts can even relieve itching as it softens corns and calluses.
5. Don’t be a hero. Resist the impulse to fight through sudden onset or constant pain and soreness. Ignoring the signs can eventually result in overuse injuries and even create more severe and chronic foot problems.
People who have careers that require standing for most of the workday (Teachers, Nurses, Food Service, Retail Sales, Construction, etc.) are at risk for musculoskeletal disorders. Foot and ankle MSDs can eventually affect physical activity levels. People with chronic foot pain should see a foot specialist as soon as possible.
If you have questions about any of the quality medical foot care products from PediFix, please reach out to us at pedifix.com or by phone at 1-800-PEDIFIX (733-4349) to speak directly to a product specialist today.
ManagePediFix Medical Footcare. 256 Ways to Relieve Foot Pain.